Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Honesty

Ok, time for honesty.

Today is the 10th week I've been on Isagenix. Feels longer than that, but there it is.

I started at 215.8 and am currently 198.0, which is a total loss of 17.8 pounds. That's about 1.5 pounds a week, when you average it out, but that is a deceiving number. You see, I've been wavering between 202 - 198 pounds for the past 4 weeks or so. Therefore, all of that weight was lost in the beginning, and I haven't lost anything in 4 weeks.

It. SUCKS.

I've called my Aunt and whined, she gave me a hard dose of reality: you can quit or stick with it and see what happens. I've emailed Jill Birth for advice, and (the doll that she is) she gave me a lot of suggestions to jump start my loss again. I'll be starting them today.

I've told myself that maybe I'm not doing everything I could be to obtain the best results, and (because this is an honesty post) I haven't been.

I HAVEN'T been EXERCISING
I HAVEN'T been SUPER STRICT every day with my eating
I HAVEN'T been SNACKING as I should be
I HAVEN'T been SLEEPING enough (my doing)
I HAVEN'T been OPTIMISTIC about this program since I hit my plateau
I HAVEN'T been CONSISTENT about taking my accelerator pills or Ionix
I HAVEN'T been MEASURING my progress
I HAVEN'T been EATING my meals/shakes/bars on schedule as instructed

So, I haven't really been doing EVERYTHING right, and that could be my problem.
I told myself that I was going to follow this protocol 100% because I always quit or tweak things to suit my desires and weaknesses.

I cannot allow that to happen again.

17.8 pounds is a lot. PERIOD

I need to get off the pity train, recognize that I am 17.8 pounds lighter than I was 10 weeks ago, stop making excuses and crying about the numbers...and just move forward. If I don't change then nothing else will...including the numbers on the scale and measuring tape.

I know what I need to do to succeed. I need to stop telling myself that I'm doing everything right, when I know I "cheat" at times and don't follow the program precisely as it was written.

If I fail, it is my fault, and frankly...FAILURE is NOT an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment