Monday, September 12, 2011

1 week down, a lifetime to go

Today ends one whole week that I have been a user.

I'm not ashamed to be a user. I don't want to stop using. I. Like. Using.

I'm not addicted to it yet; I mean, I can stop at anytime if I wanted to, but I don't want to.

Hello. My name is Melanie and I'm an Isagenix user.

I'm carefully optimistic of this new program. Careful because I've been here before. I've done this whole roller coaster of great initial results leading to plateaus and instant weight regain dozens of times before. This whole depressing cycle of great momentum followed by a steady decline of interest or control, ultimately leading to personal sabotage. Optimistic because this program seems to be, for me at least, a perfect balance of what I need to make it work this time. I get convenience twice a day (shakes) which is a MUST for me since I'm always on the go, and very flexible array of ingredients that allow endless possibilities for meal creations. I get to be creative, don't want for flavor or variety, and get the "full" sensation that I need. Throw in 2 days of pure will and determination, topped with a splash of dedication, and it's just what I need to re-access where my limits should be.

This morning, 1 week from my start date, I weighed in 4 pounds lighter and 4 inches smaller.

As I said, cautiously optimistic.

Items to note after my first week:
  • Despite taking 2 IsaFlush tablets/night I am not....um.....doing well in that department. Sometimes I sit in the bathroom silently reciting in my head the witty poem often found in public stalls, "Here I sit broken hearted....." I'm hoping things get more regular once my body accepts this as the new routine.
  • The weather is finally starting to cool down...I think. If it continues to be below 90° at night, I should be able to take some late-night adventures. Last night I went on a 7 mile bike ride, and surprisingly could have done at least another 3 miles.
  • I have a garden that is producing a crazy amount of delicious cucumbers. I have been eating 2-3 a day in-between shakes/meals as snacks, just to keep up my metabolism and satisfy hunger sensations.
  • I still can't get my chocolate shakes, which seem to mix much thicker than the vanilla, to meet my tastes. I'm able to down them without a problem, but really rather prefer the vanilla.
  • I found it surprisingly more difficult to down the 4-5 liters of water over the weekend than during the week. Perhaps because I can drink all day in my office while I sit, while on the weekends we're busy with the kid's sports and errands. Nevertheless, I need to be aware of this and make a stern effort to maintain good hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment