Monday, September 26, 2011

Plain and simple...PLANNING is KEY

3 weeks COMPLETE, and I feel FABULOUS!

I weighed in this morning at 205.2. I started at 215.6, so in 3 weeks, I'm down 10.4 pounds. That's 10.4 pounds NOT during a cleanse, and after a weekend of (GULP) eating at a restaurant! A real, solid 10.4 pounds GONE!!

Not bad! ~ 3.5 pounds a week loss is some pretty good numbers! Yes-sir-ree Bob.

My weight loss goal is to lose 2 - 2.5 pounds a week. That way, by the end of my 6 month "trial" I'll hopefully be down 50 - 60 pounds. I say "trial" because it's quickly becoming apparent to me that this is not a "diet"...it is becoming my life...my way of eating for life.

Yes, I know that there will be some weeks/months that are slow going. Yes, I know that there will be some occasions that lead me to eat in ways I know may not be the best...BUT, I know that this is a way of life, and I need to learn to accept, embrace and plan for those times. I know that I can no longer eat what or when I want and expect that I'll remain the same weight or lose. I can't say I ever REALLY thought that way; I've always been conscious of my eating habits. I've always KNOWN that when I made a choice to order a hamburger with fries I was hurting myself. I usually made healthier choices, but I defiantly allowed myself to bend on the rules, and by bending I mean breaking into a million pieces.

My problem was that I would do so well for a week, and then reward myself with a weekend (not a meal) of very unhealthy foods. I would make excuses for my poor dietary habits when I fell off the wagon by claiming that I was too busy to have anything other than fast food. I would feel bad for eating fast food, and would say, "Well, you're already breaking your diet rules, so why not order a LARGE fries rather than a small." or "Well, you already ate that yesterday, so might as well eat this today." Then, after time, I would be so disgusted with my poor decisions that I would just give up.

Somehow, today, this commitment seems easier. I don't know if it's because I'm older and more disciplined (aka desperate) or if it's because Isagenix really just seems to FIT into my lifestyle. I like to think that it's both reasons...but this is THE LONGEST, honestly, that I have gone without cheating, beating myself up about it, ultimately leading to such guilt that I ended up quitting all together.

I was pretty nervous for this weekend. Until this weekend, I've never been face to face with the temptation to eat off protocol. My life has been scheduled...consistently busy...therefore it's been easy for me to pack within my limitations without even feeling like they were limitations...which I guess they're really NOT anyway. This weekend, however, I knew we were going to be going out to lunch and a Diamondbacks baseball game. I expressed my fears to the Accountability Group, and one girl said the following quote that I intend to keep and live by for the rest of my life:

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

How true, how true, HOW TRUE!

I got to thinking...we live in the digital age. Most restaurants make available caloric counts for their menu items...so there was no reason I couldn't go online and chose what to order NOW so that when we sat down at the restaurant, I wasn't overwhelmed, under estimating or tempted to order something I shouldn't. SCORE! I decided on a great grilled chicken salad that was only 318 calories. On the big day, I ordered my salad, brought my own ff raspberry vinaigrette, and was SO FULL I couldn't even finish my meal! The restaurant we went to is famous for their 22" hot dog, called "The Unit", and I knew I wanted to try it. My dad and his wife ordered it, and so I asked for a BITE..and that's all I took. It was DELICIOUS and just what I needed to fill my craving, without the danger of calorie overload. At the baseball game, we told the kids we would get them ice cream. Knowing that I would have the temptation to eat one of my own, I pre-planned to allow myself 3 small spoons of the kid's treat. BELIEVE IT OR NOT...I had 3 small spoonfuls, and THAT was IT! I felt so satisfied that I wasn't missing out, and so proud that I was in control. ME. MOI. MYSELF.

What a feeling it is to have my control back. It has been missing for SO LONG!

I am so thankful. I am thankful for my Aunt, who introduced me to Isagenix and for her constant support and encouragement. I am thankful that I have FINALLY found a program that not only works, but makes me feel good and fits like a glove in my incredibly busy and stress-filled life. I am thankful that after 12+ years fighting my weight and hating myself, I am optimistic and determined that THIS IS MY TIME. I am thankful that my husband is such a constant supporter, who gave me a high 5 and huge hug when I announced my 10 pound loss this morning. I am thankful for my kids, who still watch me every morning to see if I make a face when I take my shot of Supreme. I'm thankful that I'm allowing myself to be happy, because I feel so gosh darn good these days.

Miracle pill this may not be. Perfect program for me, it most certainly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment