Friday, September 16, 2011

First 9 day cleanse....completed

Quick summary of recent events:

  • September 5 - The day I drank my first ever Isagenix shake
  • 215.6 - My starting weight on 9/5/2011
  • September 12, 2011 - One week on the Isagenix program
  • 211.6 - My weight on 9/12/11
  • September 16, 2011 - 9 day cleanse complete
  • 205.2 - My weight this morning.
Now, if you're following along, and can do simple math, that's a total of 10.4 pounds in 9 days!

I stepped on the scale 3 times, then had my 4 year old step on it, and then I tried again. Every time, it was 205.2. I am still in shock.

Now, I'm not gong to say that I'm not thrilled with the amazing results in just 9 days, but I'm still cautious and not giving my hopes up. I've been here before; great initial results that taper off to plateaus and then regains. Like many of you, I feel like I've tried everything:

Weight Watchers (twice)
Jenny Craig
HCG (twice)
Slim Fast
Diet pills too many to recall or count
and even a more drastic measure that I'm still not ready to fess up to

Each and every attempt I have failed.

Did you read that right?

I HAVE FAILED.

My self control & will power fizzle out. My motivation, drive and determination seem to fade as early as 1 week in. I hate it. I know it's me. I've always known it was me and not the "diets". I'm sure all of them would work if I were willing to make them work, but I always quit. I give in to temptation. Food binges and cravings always seem to consume my thoughts and quickly cloud my judgments to where I can no longer see my goals.

But, on this I swear, NOT THIS TIME!

I really can't tell you why I fell like "THIS TIME" is different. I just feel like it is. I feel like I am finally so tired of failed attempts and broken promises that for once, I have enough determination to follow through...to FINALLY have an after picture. I feel like, for what ever reason, this program, this new way of eating, this ISAGENIX, is just the right fit for me. I'm never hungry. It's is so CONVENIENT and SIMPLE (both of which I know are crucial to my commitment), and I don't feel like I am even trying! I don't WANT for anything. I don't CRAVE anything. I don't MISS anything. Truly, honestly and seriously...I don't. It is so WEIRD!! I don't miss ANYTHING...I'm never hungry! To sit at work or home and NOT be craving food is the most odd and AMAZING thing! To not have food on my mind all day long is, in itself, remarkable. I can't explain it, but I know I like it, and I know it's what I need to succeed.

My husband has always been a huge supporter of my weight loss attempts. Truth be told, he's always been a huge supporter period, even when I wasn't attempting weight loss. He loves ME, not what I look like, and tells me that all the time. My family on the other hand (with the exception of 2), really aren't very supportive or optimistic that I'll succeed this time. I'm sure it's most likely since I have attempted SO MANY TIMES and tried everything under the sun already. Why should they be? I'm a chronic quitter.

I want to prove them wrong.
I want to make my husband proud to have me on his arm.
I want to meet customers with my head held high in cute outfits and high heels.

For once, in 15 years, I have real hope, real visions, that those dreams are possible. I'm a hopeless romantic and hopeful skeptic.

Yes. I. Can!

No comments:

Post a Comment