Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2nd set of cleanse days

Odd but true story....

I actually went to bed last night, and woke up this morning, excited to start another cleanse.

I mean, who is ever EXCITED to not eat for 2 days?

Isagenix's slogan should be,

"Cleansing. It does your body good." or "Isagenix. Your body and mind will thank you."

That's the only reason I can think of that my brain would be excited; it makes my body feel good.

I had my first cleanse drink around 6:30 this morning, 30 mins after my supreme and accelerator. I also sucked on a snack tab since my last cleanse made me pretty nauseous. So far, so good; no nausea.

You know, there are a lot of thing in life that don't make sense to me. The way things are, the way people think, things people do/don't do. In conversation with people about my new journey, the most common question is "How much does it cost?" When I answer them, almost every single person gasps and says, "I could never afford that!" Things like that make me so frustrated, because if that's their mentality, then they're not where I am.

Would I rather be using the $275/month for a vacation, bills, savings account? Of course. But ultimately, I've learned in my life, that if you want something, you have to be willing to sacrifice something to get it. For me, I'm sacrificing some pleasures (eating out, movies, shopping). I readjusted my expenses to allow for this to be added. I didn't get a bonus; my financial status hasn't changed. I just really want to be happy, more than anything else, and this could be the way to get that.

So while other may not ever be able to "afford" the Isa products, I know that I cannot afford to at least give it a try. I cannot afford the repercussions that my parents are suffering from their overweight lives. I don't want to be on medications in 5 years for the rest of my life. I don't want to have hip or knee replacements or back surgeries. I don't want to have angiograms or heart attack scares or worse. I don't want to be part of a scary statistic.

I want to teach my kids through example NOW how to be healthy, rather than deal with their weight problems. I want to play with them for hours without exhaustion To know that I will be there in 10, 20, 50 years to see them get married and have babies and grow old themselves. I want them to be proud of me, to have them not ashamed of their fat mom. To be described by others as anything other than, "the heavier girl". I want to love who I see in the mirror, to accept my body because I know how hard I've worked for it, flaws and all. I want to wear a little black dress, to wear high heels and zip up boots...the list of wants is endless.

Money may not buy you happiness, but it can buy Isagenix. I am still cautiously optimistic that it (Isagenix) may be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment