Friday, September 9, 2011

4 days down, including first cleanse

I can't believe it, but I did it.

And to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Welcome to my story. My no holds barred, no reservations, no hidden trials, open, honest and RAW diary of my journey on Isagenix.

I am just like any of you who need to read this. Overweight, unhappy with my self image, low self esteem, and willing to try anything, ANYTHING, to lose the weight.

About 3 weeks ago, my Aunt sent out a bulk Facebook message introducing this program she and my Uncle had been on called Isagenix. After nearly 18 months of a very difficult and ineffective weight-loss era and nearly losing my sanity, I contacted her to learn more. Long story short, I liked what I heard, but was particularly moved by how passionate she was about the results. After our conversation, I agreed to try it.

Day 1 was on Monday Labor day, September 5. I took my measurements, weight & photos (as I entered the Isagenix Challenge) and tried my first chocolate shake. It wasn't great, but tolerable. For 2 days I followed their "shake-meal-shake" plan. My meals were spinach salads with grilled chicken, reduced fat dressing and LOTS of veggies. I also ate apples and almonds for snacks.

Days 3 & 4 were scary for me to imagine, but now that I'm past them, they weren't that bad. They were the CLEANSE days, where you eat nothing, only drink water and their Cleanse for Life product 4 times a day. They do encourage you to eat their Isa Snacks in between the cleanse drinks, which really helped stop my brain from wanting to cheat.

Things I want to note from my first 4 days:
  • I am drinking about 1+ gallons of water a day. Usually 5 liters, but 4 on average. The odd thing is, that this has ALWAYS been hard for me, but for some reason, this time it isn't.
  • The first night of my cleanse, I slept the best I have in 12 years. Didn't wake up once and felt so good in the morning.
  • The second night of my cleanse (last night), I slept the worst I have in quite a while. I woke up at least 5 times and could not rest. Not sure if it was because there was a lot on my mind or if Isagenix played a role. HOWEVER, despite a lack of sleep, I'm feeling pretty rested and not sluggish as I normally would have.
  • I did not cheat at all. Not even 1 calorie's worth of cheat in there.
  • Due to my busy schedule, the only workout I got in was an hour of volleyball practice Wednesday night.
  • I am following this program without any alterations. I will also be making every effort to prepare my daily meals personally, since convenience comes with 2 price tags: More money and preservatives/chemical components.
Rather than allow myself to become obsessed over my weight as is usually the case when I try to lose weight, I am only weighing myself when I measure, which is once a week. I plan on taking monthly photos so that I can see any changes over time and have something to look back on.

This morning, I got to drink a chocolate shake. Can I just tell you, I never looked forward to anything more that that first sip. OK, that's a lie. I look forward to my chicken spinach salad wrap this afternoon more!

I am very optimistic right now, and motivated. I pray to God that this feeling and momentum doesn't dissipate as time goes on. I have enrolled my friends, husband and Aunt to push me since they're in my face and close to hold me accountable for my actions.

Here's to Monday when I can measure and weigh again. We'll see if there are any results yet!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Mel! We are so proud of you! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel! This is AWESOME! Glad to see you blogging again. In your face is where I will stay! You inspire me to be more diligent! Rock On!!

    ReplyDelete